If you're taking a class that has VoiceThread activities, this guide will show you how you can leave a VoiceThread comment and submit it for a grade. In this example, we'll assume that you are completing a "student introductions" activity at the beginning of a course which requires you to leave a comment introducing yourself to the class.
1) Click on the activity link to begin. It should look something like this:
2) The VoiceThread activity will open in a new tab. The instructor's introduction and the other comments left by students will begin playing, and you should see a description of the activity in the upper-left corner:
3) After you have read the description and watched the video, click on the "speech bubble" icon at the bottom of the screen to leave a comment:
4) You'll then see a set of icons for the different types of comments you can make. You can leave (pictured left to right) a text comment, an audio comment by telephone, an audio comment with your computer microphone, a webcam video, or a file upload. Some of these options may not be available if they have been disabled for the assignment. In this example, we'll be posting a webcam video:
5) A recording countdown will begin and then you can begin recording your comment. You'll see a preview of your webcam feed on the left. Once you're finished making your comment, click "stop recording"
6) Your recording will now be played back for you to review. If you would like to re-record your comment, just click "cancel" and record again. If you are happy with the comment, click "save" and then proceed to the next step:
7) You'll now see your comment listed in the left sidebar along with the other student comments. Be sure and click the blue "submit assignment" button in the upper-left corner of the screen in order to submit your comment
That's it! You've successfully completed and submitted your VoiceThread assignment. If you encounter any issues using VoiceThread, please contact us by using the "request technical support" link that is found on the right-hand side of any Moodle page: