When you have the teacher role in a Moodle course, you can manually enroll additional users in your course on the participants menu. This might be necessary if you are co-teaching the course with someone and you need to add another teacher to the course in order to help you upload or maintain course materials. Or you might have a TA who needs to help you grade assignments, or you might have a student auditing the course who needs access.
1) In order to add additional users to your Moodle course, start by clicking the "participants" link on the left-hand navigation menu:
2) On this screen you will see a list of all the students and teachers in your course. Look for the "enroll users" button that appears in the upper-right corner of the page:
3) In the pop-up menu that appears, select the role that you would like this user to have in your course (student, TA, or teacher), and then search for the user by name in the "select users" field:
4) In this example, we will enroll our test account "Student Two" in the course with the role of student. If you would like to enroll multiple users at once, you can search for and select multiple users on this screen. Once you have selected all of the users to enroll, click the "enroll selected users and cohorts" button:
5) Now, in the list of participants for the course, "Student Two" appears alongside the other students:
6) To remove a user from your course, click the trash can icon that appears next to their name in the list. You can manually remove any user from your course if the user was manually enrolled using this process. Some users can't be removed this way because they were enrolled in your course using a different method; if you see a user in your course that needs to be removed but you are unable to do so, please contact support for assistance: